Monday 28 March 2011

A tale of two yarns : 2011 knitting and crochet blog week! (Day 1)


Hi guys!

This year I am taking part in the knitting and crochet blog week :)

The theme for day one is  to writes about yarns that did and didn't work for you, so here goes:

The main consistency of my stash is acrylic yarn, which I love (I know everyone doesn't but I do!) the reasons for my love are:
  • Its cheap so you can bee experimental and not worry if you get things wrong etc.. whereas with expensive yarn I have to make sure everythings perfect!
  • You can get it in a hugggggggggeeeee range of colours
  • It's easy to knit with
  • And its easy to wash :)
Hayfield bonus DK and Robin double knit are two of my favourite acrylic yarns




Now... yarns I'm not a great fan of....

'Funky fir' and similar.

This is because it can be Very difficult (annoying) to knit/crochet with and also is mainly only useful for scarves etc... (What I mean is its not generally required for many patterns)


However when I see things such as this cutie it makes me think its not all that bad :)


Awww soo sweet!

Well that's post one, Ill see you all again tomorrow :D

BYE!

2 comments:

  1. Funky Fur yarn IS good for huggable hedgehogs though... I've been meaning to knit one of them up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah it would be good for a little hedgegogs, trouble is ive only got it in purple! :0)

    ReplyDelete

Please do share your thoughts or ask any questions. I always reply, Promise! :)