Friday 1 April 2011

And now for something completely different: 2011 Knitting and crochet blog week (Day 5)



Writing in yarn, thats pretty different, eh?

I also thought I would write a little poem about my love of the fiber arts especially for this special experimental day  (P.s I know its not great so please don't judge me! :0)

Ode to knitting and crochet

I love my needles and my hooks
And all my wonderful pattern books

I also love all the beautiful wooly yarns
from the cute little sheep down on the farms

Stocking stitch, garter stitch and double crochet too
None of them ever do leave me feeling blue

One day I'd love to have my own yarn wall
Huge and big and wide and tall

Basically all thats left to say is, I love to crochet and to knit
Way more than just a little bit!


Voila! :D
(I hope you thought it wasn't too crappy :)

As well as being the 5th day of the 2nd annual knitting and crochet blog week and April fools day, it is also my brothers birthday! (he's 12 :D)

My dad always makes us special cakes for our birthdays (as you'll know if you saw my brithday post) and this year my brothers cake was, as every birthday cake is, completely and totally out of the ordinary and different so I thought It was perfect to be featured in this post:



It's a giant crabby patty from Spongebob Squarepants!!!
The burger part is brownie and all of it is edible (apart from plankton)


It's amazing and it tastes sooooooooooo great!

I also made my brother something a little crazy for his birthday, a tiny knitted globe:


He loves travel and geography so when I found the pattern: http://krakendesign.blogspot.com/2010/02/knitted-tiny-earth-pattern.html
I thought it would be perfect!
Well thats it for the different/experimental/birthday/april fools day post, I will leave you with another bit of yarn writing :0)


xxx

3 comments:

  1. Wow. That cake looks amazing! I really like your poem!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hehe. I love it! I would totally follow a tumblr that was all sayings written in yarn :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lauren: I know I was like 'wow' when I saw it and so was my brother! ahahah thanks xxx

    Alyssa: Thanks :) It was really random I just thought of it late at night and was like 'yeah ill do that!' :)

    ReplyDelete

Please do share your thoughts or ask any questions. I always reply, Promise! :)