Wednesday 8 August 2012

Holiday (and Olympic!) snaps :)

Hi guys!

I am back now and as promised I bring you pictures, lol :P Hehehe, I will try not to bore you all! (I have only chosen my best snaps :)

Here is the view from the back of the glass bottom boat, the water was very blue in Malta and it was ALWAYS hot and sunny:


Interestingly there is no tide in Malta... I don't know why, there just isn't! :-P

This is the best picture I could get of the fish through the windows at the bottom of the boat:


It was cool to the see the 'underwater world' though I did feel a little bit sea sick!

Hehehe, here is the infamous 'Maxibon cookie', soooooo tasty :0)


It got a bit battered on the way home from the shop but It was still very yummy!


If only it was possible I would have got one for a giveaway, lol!

Another thing that was super tasty was the ice cream filled croissants me and my family had by the sea front, I very much recommend giving it a try at home:


I had cookie and banana ice cream......mmmmmm.... I wish I had one now :)

In the main set of shops near our parade they had lots of handmade Maltese lace and my mum and dad treated me to this beautiful umbrella, I absolutely love it. I can't wait too use it in the park on a sunny day or at  the next family barbecue!


Last of my holiday snaps are the pictures of some of my makes :-):





Hehehe, I hope you all had a nice couple of weeks while I was away too (and I hope my pics didn't bore you too much :P) xxx

In other news as I'm sure all of you will already know London is hosting the 2012 Olympics! Me and my family luckily managed to get some tickets, we got to go and watch the handball today. I had watched quite a few events on TV whilst on holiday so I was quite excited to go and see the Olympic park in real life. (I'm also lucky I only live 10 mins from Stratford so we didn't have a long journey to get there either!)

Here is the main Olympic stadium, what you  see as you walk in:


It is a very pretty stadium. As you can see from the picture the park was relatively crowded but not jam-packed which was good as it was quite hot today. The queue for the mega store was huge but it did move quickly and only took about 10 mins to get into the shop for a look.

I also saw the velodrome quite clearly too:


I got to go into the basketball stadium though as that was where the handball was

The basketball stadium:


Here are some pictures inside I took from my seat:




It was the mens quarter final, Spain V France. It was quite exciting at the end as it was 22, 22 with two seconds to go and then France scored to win the match. They told you all the rules at the start so that was good as then I knew what was going on :-P

I promise there will be less pictures in the next post, I will give all your eyes a rest! I just wanted to share with you all my adventures :)

See you all soon my lovely lovely friends!

Bye XxXxX

P.S. In the next couple of days I will be celebrating my Second Blogaversairy (well belated one as it was a few days ago now) as I mentioned before I went away so make sure to check back soon :D

Byyyyyyyyeeeee

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful pictures ..looks like you had lots of fun..
    Hugs cucki xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely to read about your adventures :-) i'm struggling a bit with health and pregnancy so not always able to comment but i always read your posts :-) Holly xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holly: Thank you :-) It is lovely to know you like and read my posts :) I am so sorry to hear you have been unwell, I hope you feel better soon! Make sure to relax and pamper yourself lots xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. yay your back, missed you

    yummmm Maxibon are the best, there is a shop near me that does them, my parents love them they used to have them alot when my brother was younger, but less and less places do them here

    ReplyDelete
  5. Springmusician: Hehehe :) I feel very loved!

    They are! I didn't know they ever sold them in England!!! I will have to keep an eye out :D xxx

    ReplyDelete

Please do share your thoughts or ask any questions. I always reply, Promise! :)