Tuesday 23 April 2013

KCBWDAY2: A Mascot Project

Day Two (Tuesday April 23rd): A Mascot Project.Your task today is to either think of or research a project that embodies that house/animal. It could be a knitting or crochet pattern – either of the animal itself or something that makes you think of the qualities of that house. Alternatively it could be a type or colour of yarn, or a single button. Whatever you choose, decide upon a project and blog about how and why it relates to your house/creature. You do not have to make this project! It is simply an exercise in blogging about how you come to decide upon what projects to make. Try and blog about the journey which inspiration and investigating patterns, yarns, stitches, (etc) can often guide you through. You may wish to make a collage or 'mood board' to present several ideas, or even sketch out your own design.

Hey,

As posted yesterday I have chosen house Bee :-)

The project I have decided to post about is trying out some free- form crochet. It seems really fun as you just go with the flow- whatever stitches you want, wherever you want, whenever you want :) And often the kind of patterns produced remind me of flowers of fields- like the one a bee would think of as heaven!

Here are some cool examples I found online:

Image from: here!
 
Image from: here!
 
 
And here is my project I have come up with, a flower field inspired- pastel coloured- free form crochet summer vest :)
 
 
I just did a quick sketch and colour sample on paint to give you all an idea, don't examine it too carefully- it is only very rough and you can't really plan free form crochet!, lol :P
 
Hehehe, I really enjoyed today's post challenge- Apart from I have now ended up with another project I want to start and I have got too many on the go already! (All the other bumble bees will probably feel my pain :0)
 
See you all again tomorrow,
 
Bye! xxx
 

3 comments:

Please do share your thoughts or ask any questions. I always reply, Promise! :)