Sunday 22 December 2013

A festive dinner party!

Hi,
 
Last night we had some family friends over for a festive dinner party :) I worked hard on the table runner I mentioned that me and my family were making in my last post and managed to get that all together ready for the occasion and I also managed to finish making the 8 mini Christmas yule log (on my free patterns page :D) place settings that I wanted to give to everyone too.
 
It all looked nice on the table I think, I was really pleased with the pattern I made for the table runner, It was perfect size (I took measurements :) for our table and the pointed edges hung over the ends of the table nicely:
 
 
Now I will show you a close up of each of the rectangles that me and my family decorated individually.....
 
This is my brothers:

 
He wanted to go for a rustic look and I think he did a really good job :-)
 
 
This is my mums:

 
It really makes me smile when I look at it because it is so much my mums style- it reminds me of her and Christmas- two things I love! :P
 
My dads rectangle now:

 
This one is very much my dads style so I really like it :) The house underneath the big star is meant to be our house and the little car coming towards it is the 'Amazon' van delivering all our prezzies we ordered online :P Hehehe :)
 
And last (but hopefully not least :0P) is my rectangle:
 
 
I did some decorated baulbaules, which I stuffed to make them rounded and stand away from the fabric like real baulbaules :) I didn't even realise it but when I looked at my finished rectangle again I realised I had basically done a baulbaule style for each of my family members, lol! The pink beaded one for my mum, the green one for my dad, the yellow chain stitch star one for my brother and the pink girly heart gem one for me! Hehe, it shows I am always thinking about them- even subconsciously :P
 
I really enjoyed making the table runner with my parents and brothers designs included, I love sewing (can you tell? :)- seen as it is what I am studying at uni :P) so it was really lovely to have them join in and share my passion with them. I am hoping maybe next year we can do another family project, maybe something out of my comfort zone even- like some woodwork, then my dad can share the tips and tricks instead of me :)
 
My little yule logs were received really well so that made me super happy as I did work hard when making the pattern to make them as cool and realistic as possible. I added little labels for each person and of course popped a choccy inside:
 


 
I am actually going to try and make a real, edible, version of my winter wonderland mini knitted yule log! I don't think the recipe for it actually exists- it just looked nice in knitted version :P
I got a big vanilla and strawberry Swiss roll, which I am then going to coat in white chocolate and after that add a final coating of vanilla buttercream, before decorating with a bit of holly and a dusting of icing sugar (rather than glitter, lol!).
 
I am hoping it will be delicious, my nan and mum and granddad don't really like chocolate cake so when I looked at my winter wonderland mini roll I thought why not make it in real life- it will hopefully be a non-chocolate cake lovers perfect Christmas yule log :-D
 
I will put up pictures and let you know what it tastes like- just in case any of you decide you may want to whip up my random creation :oP
 
I am off now to get ready to go out to the Olympia horse show which my parents booked for us all for some Christmas family fun. I am excited!
 
I hope you are all well :)
 
See you soon,
 
Bye XxXxXxXxXxX

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please do share your thoughts or ask any questions. I always reply, Promise! :)