Thursday 20 February 2014

Macaron madness! (and other stuff)

Hiiii!
 
I hope you have all been having a lovely week and it's Friday tomorrow so the weekend is not far away either :)
 
As I mentioned in my last post, the Saturday just gone I took my mum for a cream tea at Hush Brassieres in London- it was very nice and they had mini macarons. I wasn't sure if I even liked macarons (I didn't think I did) but after one bite I was hooked- they were soo tasty and fun!
 
When I went out with my family on Sunday my dad treated me to a box of mini macarons (just like the ones from the cream tea) from Marks and Spencers. I have been very much enjoying working my way through them:

 
Mmmm yummy!
 
I have officially been bitten by the macaron bug as on Tuesday this week after I finished early at college I tried making some of my own raspberry ones. I wasn't sure how they would come out as I had never made them before and had heard that they are notoriously difficult. I did some searching on the internet and found this youtube video: click here! I followed all her tips to the letter and left them with their filling inside in the fridge overnight (to moisten slightly) and they were almost perfect, apart from they weren't the pinky colour they were supposed to be as I couldn't get any food colouring :P:
 
 
 
I was so proud! I still have to hone my skills as I think I may have got a bit lucky how they came out with their feet and everything first time. I shared them with the girls at college who said they were really tasty so I was happy- I thought they did have the right macaron texture and flavour :)
 
And Just in case I hadn't made enough macarons already I ended up creating a pattern for a crocheted macaroon that evening! lol:

 
I think it is quite kawaii- now all that is left to do is make up lots in different colours (or flavours :P).
 
Hehehe, in other non-macaron related news yesterday after college one of the 3rd years ran a mini recycling project thing (as part of his final year project) which was really fun. We got to work with wrappers which was cool as I like to use these in crafty ways too. We made oyster card holders by fusing plastics together with the heat from irons and then sewing the plastics together. Here are mine:

 
One skips one...

 
And one Cadburys marvellous creations on (I love this chocolate!!!)...

 
I will definitely be using the heat technique to maker more wrapper stuff in the future!

The last instalment in this rather long post is a couple of pictures of the tasty food I ate at Giraffe - a really fun restaurant I went with my family on Sunday and a picture of my Ice cream from the Harvester which I went to with a friend from college today :) It was all so good, I had to share it with you guys!
 
This is the Farmers market burrito from Giraffe, sorry the picture is a bit blurry I was excited to get eating it :P:

 
and here is my brownie and ice cream dessert from Giraffe:

 
Warm, gooey and sweet- delicious!
 
I will definitely be going back to Giraffe as the food was really good and tasted really fresh :)

Hehe, and last but not least my minty aero Harvester sundae:
 


 
Again, very good, but safe to say I didn't need any dinner today and am also a bit worried about possibly having to do a corset fitting tomorrow, lol :P I actually went with the girl who I am making a corset for but luckily I did her fitting this morning, before we went and ate tons of salad bar and ice cream!

Sorry- I am done now! You can go and rest your eyes now :-P

Speak to you all again very soon,

Byeeeeeeeee xxxxx

6 comments:

  1. Your macarons are impressive! I love Giraffe, such a lovely restaurant :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a yummy post :) making me hungry :P I love Macorons two x those marvellous creations are amazing, my fave the popping candy one :P

    your cake in the next post seems very yummy two. what bril bargains. glad uni is going so well xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oooh, I have never had a popping candy one! I will have to look out for them :P

      Thanks :-) Hope all is good with you too xxx

      Delete
  3. I have never had a Macaron! They always look so yum though and fun. The ones you made look awesome! Love the little ami one ^_^ XOX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should definitely give them a try! :) Thanks :0) xxx

      Delete

Please do share your thoughts or ask any questions. I always reply, Promise! :)