Monday 16 June 2014

Fathers Day!

Hi everyone,
As the title of this post suggests, this post is mainly about Fathers day :P However I would like to begin by saying a big thanks to Steph (see her blog here!) who sent me this lovely bundle in the post:
 
 
 
They are the most awesome cross stitch charts ever and she even put in an adorable little Hamtaro charm she found for me! (for those of you that don't know I love Hamtaro and hamsters in general :-)
 
How kind and lovely Steph is, I can't wait to start on some of the charts! Thank you xxxx
 
Hehe, now onto fathers day :P
 
First up, I managed to finish the Paddington Biscornu I was making for my dad just in time:

 
My dad loves Football

 
And he does some primary school maths teaching (Just to explain why I chose those Paddingtons, in case I haven't already)
 
I stitched the words 'I love You Dad' and a little heart into the opposite corners:


And I added two little love heart charms to make it extra special:
 

 
My dad really liked it and said it would probably take him years to sew something that didn't look nearly as good, lol :P He also thought the shape was cool.
 
Making this Biscornu has reminded how much I love the shape of them too, an dhow fun they are to make. Maybe I will whip up another couple using the charts Steph sent me.... ooohh.... a Hamtaro Biscornu.... I am in heaven!!!

But before I drift off into Biscornu world, back to fathers day. As well as his other presents me, my mum and my brother all clubbed together to buy ingredients for a special Fathers day picnic. I then did some baking with it all (with a bit of help from my brother) and voila:

 
We had to have it indoors because it wasn't very sunny outdoors, but I think it still looked pretty and we still had fun. There were benefits also like not being bothered by any insects, lol!
 
The round bread loaf you can see in the picture is actually a giants sandwich (a hollowed out loaf that you fill with your sandwich filling them slice it and eat it). I filled it with green salad leaves, roasted tomatoes, buffalo mozzarella, basil and some Quorn ham- we managed to finish it all, it was tasty, even if I do say so myself :P
 
In terms of baking, I made peanut butter cookies:

 
Cherry and Cinnamon cake (the recipe for which can be found here)- which went reallllyy well with custard!:


And finally some black bottom cupcakes (chocolate and a blob of cheesecake mix, with cream cheese frosting on top) from the Hummingbird Bakery cookbook:
 

 
Everything went down well :) Pretty much everything I know about picnics, dinner parties, and cooking in general I have learnt from watching and helping my dad (and a little bit from GCSE food tech, lol) so it was nice to get to treat him by showing him all he has taught me, and by doing all the hard work he normally has to do to put everything together for him.
I LOVE YOU DAD! XXX
After the picnic we all watched a Paddington bear DVD (my present to my dad) and the Harry hill movie (one of my brothers presents to my dad), which was amusing- and one of the main characters was a hamster, lol!
 
I hope all of you had a good weekend/Fathers day too. I better go now though, I have got to get off to college in a moment to finish my jacket,
 
See you all soon,
 
Bye XxXxXxX

2 comments:

  1. Oh! i love the Paddington biscornu! How lovely ^_^ Yum! the picnic looks amazing, I especially love the sound of the sandwich! ^_^ I am glad you liked the charts ^_^ I found them when I was sorting out and hoped you would like them. XOX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe, thank you :0) You should try making a giants sandwich- it is very fun! And you can pretty much put in anything you like the flavours of :) I really do like them- thanks again! I will definitely try some of them over summer xxx

      Delete

Please do share your thoughts or ask any questions. I always reply, Promise! :)