Wednesday 2 July 2014

My amazing day at Queenie and Teds!

Hi,
 
As I mentioned in my last post, today was the day I got to go and do some work experience with the cool clothing up-cyclers; Queenie and Ted. I had such an amazing time and learnt so much! :) They said I could bring something along and that they would teach me how to put some designs chosen by me onto my item.
 
I had a rummage in my wardrobe prior to today and found this velvet blazer I got a while ago, I did like it and had worn it before but I did think it could do with a bit of a jazz up: 
 
 
After today with the lovely ladies of Queenie and Ted (Kally and Linda :) my jacket has been totally transformed, look!:



 
The design I did on the back is inspired by the recent trips with my dad to the garden centres to buy flowers for our garden :)

 
The bunny fabric was so amazingly sweet- I knew I had to use it. Kally and Linda said they picked it up when they were in Japan showing their work over there :-)


 
Hehe, I don't think I need to explain why I put the scissors on there! :P
 
I am sooo happy with it, it looks so much better now, and as I said I learnt so much, so thank you Linda and Kally. Probably the best thing is that they said I can come and do another day (helping them with some of their stuff then, now that I have had some practice :).
 
Also.... they have a cabinet in their shop where they put accessories that other makers/artisans have made and they said that I could showcase some of my knitted brooches in there. I was extremely excited, having my work in a street shop, next to other makers work :D
 
Here are all the brooches that are now in their cabinet:

 
Fingers crossed some of them sell as that means; 1. someone liked my brooch enough to buy it and will wear it around, Yay! and 2. Some money for me and Kally and Linda :)
 
Can you tell I have had a good day...? Lol, I think you probably can :P
 
I hope all you people have had a good day as well- you are all so lovely so you definitely deserve it!
 
I better be off to bed now, so I am all ready to get up and do lots of making tomorrow now I have all new ideas after my day today. I also have lots more ideas for items I want to make for my shop too, including some more bracelets in the style of the 'Love' one I recently put up:

 
 
See you soon,
 
Bye XxXxXxX
 

6 comments:

  1. Your jacket looks great and I love the brooches, especially the corn one :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, hehehe, Linda really liked the corn one too :P xxx

      Delete
  2. Wow! Your jacket looks amazing! And I am so happy for you that you are selling your brooches in the shop. They will sell! They are fab.^_^ xox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Steph :) Fingers crossed, I just want to sell at least one! :-) xxx

      Delete

Please do share your thoughts or ask any questions. I always reply, Promise! :)