Sunday 20 July 2014

Sunday style

Hi,

My my, it has been quite a while since I brought you a Sunday style! I have one for you today though :) As I mentioned in a previous post I had designed and started making an A line dress (from scratch, making my own pattern etc.) from a shirt and skirt I picked up in the costume store sale. Today we had family friends over so I made sure I got it all done ready to be worn and shown off! Lol :P

Here is it just flat:

Here are some of the details up close:



Folding back the  corners of the pocket flaps was my dad's idea and then I thought I could do the same with the collar and add little buttons to tie everything on :)

If you had forgotten the pieces I got the fabric from here they are:


Here is me wearing The dress:


I am really pleased with how it came out as it fits me really well, as it should because I made it to my measurements :P and it nice and airy for summer.  The colours also go with the colour of my hair too I think- if I am going to indulge myself and be really vain, lol! I will stop now and compliment you all- You all look beautiful today :D xxx

I am off to go and relax now. I have eaten a lot of my dad's delicious food today so need to sit and let it all go down- warm chocolate peanut butter ice cream sundae sauce and brownies is all  that needs to be said! :P

Before I go though I do want to say thank you to everyone who has looked at my new etsy shop. My viewings are increasing which is lovely :-) Also I have a special tutorial coming soon that I have made for you all so keep your eyes peeled! 

See you soon,
Bye xoxoxo

10 comments:

  1. Wow they all so beautiful..
    Sweet hugs x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Than you cucki :) lots of hugs back xxx

      Delete
  2. It turned out great!!! Your Dads idea was such a fun detail, really cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the collar detail, such a cute dress :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) I am glad you like it! Xxx

      Delete
  4. This is beautiful Jordan. As is everything else I've seen on here. Keep it up. So proud to say you were part of our department. Lovely work. Particularly like the collar and pocket corner detail. Well done x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!!! I am so happy yo like my blog and my makes :-) I hope you are having a lovely summer xxx

      Delete
  5. That really is a beautiful dress! XoX

    ReplyDelete

Please do share your thoughts or ask any questions. I always reply, Promise! :)