Tuesday 16 December 2014

Dancewear!

Hi everyone,

I hope you are all well and starting to get into the Christmas spirit as that is not far around the corner!
 
Today Is just a quick post again- but I do assure you they will start getting longer no I have finished college for Christmas and I don't have the end of year hecticness. I mean I need to return to wigs to tell you all about how to work some crazy updos! :P
 
But back to the topic of today- Dancewear! Yes, this was the last week as part of my series of 4 weeks at college covering different disciplines within the area of costume.
 
We got to choose to make either a leotard or a catsuit in a design of our choice. We had to be realistic with our choices though as we only had 4 days to complete them- including pattern drafting and fittings.
 
I chose to make a leotard, and kind of wanted to go with something that looked suitable for a gymnast (We could take inspiration from dance or sports). We made them for ourselves which means I got to parade around in mine on Friday (I looked a bit silly but it was fun!)
 
Here it is, I kept it quite understated but there is a flash of sequined fabric at the collar and cuffs to give it a bit of pzazz! :0P
 
 
It was quite high cut- a little bit 80s aerobics but it fit well in the end so that made me happy. I had never worked with stretch fabrics before last week so it was good to start learn the techniques :)
 
That is about it for this post (I said it would be short and I wasn't fibbing)
 
But I will be back super soon, hopefully with some Christmassy related posting material :)
 
Bye XxXx
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please do share your thoughts or ask any questions. I always reply, Promise! :)