Wednesday 4 March 2015

Vodafone London Fashion Weekend!


Hi everyone! 

I hope you are all doing fabulously :) 

As I mentioned, the Saturday just gone, I went to London Vodafone Fashion Weekend. For anyone not sure of what that is exactly ill give a quick explanation :) London Fashion week happens 2 times a year but the shows at london fashion week are open to trade/by invite only. London vodafone fashion weekend happens in the weekend after london fashion week at Somerset house and is an event which shows some different catwalk shows and has pop up shops and is an event anyone can buy tickets for and join in the fun! :)

Also each VLFW a designer is asked to design a tote bag- which you get one of filled with goodies if you come to the event. Last time I posted when I went in September Lulu Guinness designed the tote bag, but this time around it was Pringle of Scotland:



I really like the cable knit design- it is quite a simple design- but very stylish I think. Very different to last year's so keeps things interesting! :p

This time me and my mum went to one catwalk as we found we preffered the designer catwalks to the trend ones.

The show we got to see was Halston Heritage. This was a brand/designer I was not overly familiar with so it was good to learn more.

Here are some shots of the outfits in the show:




My favourite pice of the whole catwalk was the pale green shirt dress with teaches over shirt that ca  be seen at the front of this picture- looks fairly simple at first but there is some interesting pattern cutting and construction going on there!  I would also definitely wear it in the summer! 







I love getting a shot of when all the models are walking down the runway- always looks cool and dramatic! :p

Overall I preffered last year's designer catwalk- Nicholas Oakwell Couture as the designs were so intricate and beautifully worked and some really interesting cuts. But as I said it was still good to see a different designers work and there were a couple of pieces I really liked.

I can't wait to see what VLFW offers this September when it rolls back around! :p

Speak to you all again soon with news on my first ever college show!

Bye xXxX


1 comment:

Please do share your thoughts or ask any questions. I always reply, Promise! :)